Summer Volunteer Program
Open your heart to meet Christ in the young, the elderly, and immigrant communities by serving with the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus this summer. Our volunteer program is open to women ages 18–30.
What to Expect
At all service sites, volunteers minister with sisters and live in community with one another—praying with the sisters, sharing meals, and attending daily liturgy. We also provide time for community sharing and reflection on the graces and challenges of the day. Learn more about the services at each site below.
- Apostle Immigrant Services: Volunteers will work alongside sisters, lay volunteers, and staff to welcome applicants, prepare applications, offer tutoring, and serve at the AIS office as needed. Knowledge of Spanish is beneficial but not required in this service.
- Clelian Adult Day Center: Volunteers will interact directly with clients, particularly working alongside the recreation director to lift spirits and elicit full participation from clients. Compassion for the elderly and a fun-loving nature are strong requirements for this ministry.
- Sacred Heart Academy: Embracing the call of the Gospel, the Sacred Heart community provides a free summer camp experience for sixth through eighth graders from St. Martin de Porres School. Volunteers work alongside sisters and other students to provide this camp experience. Volunteers should be enthusiastic and generous.
St. Louis, Missouri, Service
- Cor Jesu Academy: Cor Jesu offers a summer enrichment and academic camp with free tuition for students with few financial resources. Their summer camp relies on the generosity of joyful volunteers.
- Sacred Heart Villa: Volunteers will assist the staff in providing care and classes for nearly 100 children from age two to five during the year or in an exciting and enriching summer program. Love for children, energy, and oodles of patience and creativity are a must for this service!